This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe® implementation.
The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of the program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Online course feedback survey
- Access to the SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master Exam – requires course attendance
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) attendance certificate upon request
The training days run from 9:00 to 17:00, including break.
- SAFe framework, values, and Lean-Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Building high-performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
- Learning and Communities of Practice
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
Attendees of the SAFe SASM course are strongly suggested to have one of the following certificates: SAFe 4 Scrum Master (SSM), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM).